Student:Could you tell me some sentences that I can use in a phone call?You know my English is poor; I'm afraid I can't follow you.
你能跟我講些打電話時有用的句子嗎?你知道我英語不好,我怕自己聽不懂。
Teacher:No problem. Basically, there are 3 situations in which people like you can't follow the foreign teacher. First, I may speak too fast, so you can't understand. In this case, you could say \"You speak too fast; slow down, please.\"
沒問題?;旧?,在三種情況下,你可能會聽不懂老師的話。第一種:我可能會說得太快,所以你聽不懂。這種情況下,你可以說:“你說得有點兒快,請說慢點兒?!?/p>
Student:Wait a moment. I'll have to take down what you said.
等一下。我得把你說的記下來。
Teacher:Ok.
好的。
Student:What's the second point?
那第二點呢?
Teacher:The second is, maybe you can't hear me clearly. In this case, you could say \"Excuse me; can you speak up, please?\" or \"I beg you pardon?\"
第二種情況是也許你聽不清我說的話。這時你可以說:“對不起,你能大點兒聲嗎?”或是:“請再說一遍好嗎?”
Student:I see. What's the last point?
我知道了。那最后一點是什么?
Teacher:The last one is, you may miss or don't understand what I just said. In this case, you could say \"I'm sorry; I don't understand what you're saying.\" Or simply \"I don't get it.\"
最后一種情況是你可能沒聽到或是根本沒聽懂我說的話。在這種情況下,你可以說“不好意思,我不懂你說的是什么?!被蛘吆唵蔚囊痪洹拔衣牪欢!?/p>
Student:Is there anything more?
還有別的嗎?
Teacher:You'd better practice them before you learn more.
你還是先把它們練好再說吧。
Student:Thanks. I've learned a lot today.
謝謝。今天我學了很多東西。
Teacher:My pleasure.
很榮幸。
Attention Please...特別提醒
[1] 打電話的時候會用到許多功能句,比如,“你能再說一遍嗎?”或是“你能大點兒聲嗎?”等等。這里是幾個例子:Slow down, please. 請說慢點兒。Look at the time. Shall we talk next time? 看看表吧。我們下次再聊好嗎?I'm happy to hear from you again. 真高興又聽到你的聲音。
[2] I'll have to take down what you said.
to take down sth. 是一個非常實用的短語,用在當你需要自己或幫別人記下一些對方有用的信息時。您還可以這樣說:I'd like to take down your number. 我得記下你的號碼。Please let me take this down. 請讓我把這個記下來。